Thursday, February 7, 2013

My Favorite 6 Minutes of Each Day!

I used to say I had a favorite 3 minutes of each day. Those 3 minutes were right after the alarm went off each morning and Chuck would reach his arm out so I could snuggle in next to him. The warmth of his body next to mine was a very comforting way to wake up. Especially for me because I am a notorious night owl and love to sleep late. For the past 2 months I substitute taught at the same school every day. It was 35 minutes away from out home and required me to get up at 6:15 a.m. each day. What a horrible hour to have to be "up and at 'em". The only way I survived those mornings were those 3 minutes of each day I spent surrounded by my husband's loving arm. It helped me face the day knowing that I was loved and comforted. It gave me an extra boost to start my day. Lately though I have discovered a second favorite 3 minutes of each day. At night, just before we go to sleep, we turn out the light and cuddle together in the same way. It makes me feel so happy once again to feel loved and comforted. We kiss good night and then get into a sleeping position. Some nights I can't seem to wipe the smile off my face as I drift off to sleep. I am a blessed woman to be so loved, and to be able to love my husband back so fully. Thanks Chuck!

No comments:

Post a Comment