Monday, February 20, 2012

Valentine's Day Celebration...a few days late

We had an absolutely wonderful Valentine's Day celebration, although we didn't officially celebrate until Saturday, February 18th. Chuck was out of town on Valentine's Day ( bummer for me) but in the end it didn't matter because the celebration we had more than made up for it. We had decided that since we couldn't celebrate until after Valentine's Day, we would hold off on cards and presents till then. After a nice glass of wine and the opening of cards, I gave Chuck the first half of his present. It was a small 5" by 5" book that I had gotten at the card dept. at a local store. It asked certain questions and I had to fill in the answers.This was great because when I answered the questions, it became very personalized. Some of the questions were, "When I first met you, I thought...", and "If they made a reality TV show about our life together, it would be called..." It was fun for me to fill out and just as much fun for him to read. I tried to incorporate a lot of memories from our relationship into the answers, and it was like taking a walk down memory lane. We then went out to dinner at a very nice restaurant, right on the water on Long Island Sound. Although it was dark, they had a spotlight in the back so we could see the waves gently rolling in against the shore. We started with salads, and he had swordfish and I had Filet Minon, and we shared both. For dessert we split a delicious apple phylo pastry a la mode. It was quite a wonderful meal, and to top it off, there was piano music playing in the background through dinner.

When we got back to the house, I gave him his second present. I guess I was in the mood for a walk down memory lane because this was a DVD I had had made entitled, "The Story of Us." It was pictures of us from when we first met back in the 1970s till now. It included the wedding and honeymoon pictures. It was set to 2 of our favorite Josh Groban songs, and due to its length the girl that I had do it for me added 3 more songs...one of which was that old song "The Birds and the Bees" which made me laugh. The best thing about the gift was his misty eyed reaction to it...although I must admit, it actually made ME cry the first 2 times I watched it. I am so glad I thought of giving him that gift. I love to give gifts from the heart, and this one was a special gift for both of us really.

I hope you all had as good a Valentine's celebration as we did!

No comments:

Post a Comment