Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Only 2 More Days Till Move In Day!

I can't believe it...the day after tomorrow I will FINALLY be moving into Chuck's home and living with my husband. It has been such a long wait. Although we have been married just over 2 years, we officially started dating way back in 2005, and got engaged in 2006, so it has been a very long wait to be together. The time seemed to drag on and back 3 or 4 years ago, it seemed like this day would never come. After we got married in 2010, it somehow made the time drag even more slowly until we could be together because as husband and wife we grew closer emotionally, but still had the physical distance between us. Once the countdown was down to about 4 months, it seemed to start coming more quickly. And here we are today, Wednesday, September 19th and we are only 2 days away! Tomorrow I am bringing my daughter to college at Drexel university in Pennsylvania, and the following day, I am moving in FINALLY with the love of my life. There are still some lose ends to tie up on my end with the house that I currently own. I had a big moving sale over the weekend and got rid of a lot of things including a kitchen table and chairs, household items, kitchen utensils, picture frames, extra Christmas decorations, kids clothing and stuffed animals they have long outgrown, etc. My home, that I shared with my children is looking very bare as my daughter has claimed some of the furniture for her own new apartment and it systematically disappears from this house to hers. I am still in the process of weeding through items and deciding whether or not to donate them, save for one more yard sale, keep them or throw them away. This will take time. But as the time has gone on, I have sensed and emotional shift within myself. I have gone from being sad and nostalgic about leaving the home where I raised my children and have such fond memories, to being ready to move on to this next chapter in my life with Chuck. I have realized that my children are moving on, and that's how it should be, so it's time for me to as well. And I plan to wholeheartedly embrace my new life with the best husband in the world for me! You can be sure I will keep you updated...

No comments:

Post a Comment