Saturday, September 22, 2012

Our Celebration and first 32 hours!!!

Yesterday, I was so excited on my way down to Chucks to officially live with him that I called him on the phone and asked us to pour us each 1 sip of wine in a wine glass. He asked if I was sure I wanted wine that early in the day, since it was only 12:30 p.m. but I was insistent because this was such a special moment and I didn't want to forget it. I was actually feeling quite elated in the car and couldn't wait till I arrived. Walking through the door, I reminded myself that this was the first time I was really "coming home" even though I had walked in that door many times before. Chuck was there to give me a big hug, and said, 'Welcome Home." I hugged him, hard and didn't want to let go. I was right where I had wanted to be for many years...finally in his arms in the house I shared with him. Tears came to my eyes as I held him tightly with my arms around his neck. We then had a toast with a few sips of wine. each of us made one about our finally being able to live together in the same home now that my children were all old enough to be on their own. With another hug or 2 behind us, we got into the car and headed off to the Big E in Springfield, Ma. to spend a day together at one of our favorite events. We held hands most of the day, although that is nothing unusual for us. I found myself often just leaning over and giving him a kiss on the cheek. At one point after I had done that, I said, " I am very happy today." He told me he could tell. I asked him how, and he said it was because I kept kissing him! Ah, he knows me so well. The rest of our time together has been very restful and relaxing. Today we both worked on our computers and took a nap. We then went and worked out, sat on the back deck a bit, and had dinner at Panera Bread with a gift card we had received. It's still a bit hard for me to believe that this is real and that the time in our lives where we only had every other weekend together is behind us. I am so happy and truly believe that although there may be a few bumps for us in our future, we will face it together and be happy just to be with each other. It's been such a long time coming, and I am so grateful that our time has finally arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment